Antoniuskapelle in Bichlbächle

The chapel was built in 1735/36 in honor of Saint Antonius of Padua.

The Bichlbächle Chapel was built in 1735/36 in honor of St. Anthony of Padua. The style of the chapel inside and outside still corresponds to that of the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries: the prayer room and chancel have a flat wooden ceiling. The choir arch crucifix dates back to the 17th century. St. Anthony in front of Mary with Child" was created by Paul Zeiller around 1700. St. Francis is on the left and St. Anthony on the right under volute scrolls; God the Father and two putti are in the pediment. These figures were made by the carver of the high altar in Kelmen, around 1700. Two candle-holding angels stand on pedestals to the side of the altar, probably by Adam Payr from Prutz around 1660.
The furnishings also include: a painting "Anna mit Maria" by Theres Strigl in 1865, a lenten cloth from 1746 with the name "Christian Khloß", the Stations of the Cross from the end of the 18th century and the painting "St. Wendel" from the beginning of the 18th century.

Contact

Hl. Antoniuskapelle
Bichlbächle
6622 Berwang